Thursday, November 02, 2006

ten observations on the city of seattle (in relation to the hamlet of minneapolis)

Because when you can't write, make lists!

1) It's very pretty.

2) Lots of people are committing crimes, dying, or on fire, because the first responders in this city drive around with their sirens on constantly. Though I admittedly live right by the firehouse in Belltown, this applies to every part of the city I've been in. I lived on the busiest part of Lyndale in Minneapolis for almost two years and I've heard more sirens in only a month here in Seattle. Seriously.

3) I'm rarely more than walking distance from a beer (though I might walk farther for a beer than most).

4) There is a beautiful woman at every bus stop.*

5) The busses are weird. Try riding in the joint between the front and rear sections and you'll know what I mean.

6) For every Northeast in Minneapolis, there are something like 9 Northeasts in Seattle. I think there might be two or three Uptowns, as well. There's also one Loring Park. It's called the City of Seattle.

7) Dan Savage lives here. That's cool.

8) John Hinderaker doesn't. That's cooler.

9) I'm still largely unemployed.

10) I'm growing quite fond of this place.

*There is some disagreement as to the cause of this phenomenon. John says it's because the women are prettier. The Kaiser says it's because there aren't as many of the crispy-fried fake blondes with big Lut'eran tits around here. I have to disagree with both (Minneapolis is a very pretty city, and I never spent much time around the cripsy-fried Lut'eran broads). It's simply because the women here dress better. Discretion is the better part of fashion, after all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you're happy!

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home